Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Autumn leaves are now falling...

Autumn leaves are now falling,
   all       the     way    to    the   ground.....





Did you ever sing that song in school?  I had to google it and see what it actually sounded like.  Isn't it funny how certain things trigger certain memories? Here is the song-Autumn Leaves .   I don't remember what grade it was, but I do remember singing and acting it out.  I remember we had to color a fall picture relating to the song.  I still have that picture in a box...s-o-m-e-w-h-e-r-e.....

I love the four seasons in Minnesota.  I love the crisp fall mornings and bright blue skies that warm up during the day.  The sun sets fast and dark comes a little too early.  But oh, the sunsets have been so beautiful.  I didn't get out much with my camera as I hoped to--stopped at the park a few nights ago and snapped a couple pictures.







I like to think that fall is a season that I can slow down and get back into a routine. Somehow it doesn't seem really true.  I think what happens is the summer scene slows down and a new season starts with a new look and many new things to do!  Maybe once winter arrives, it will slow down? (ha! that's right..new things to look forward to.)   And truly, isn't that how our life is, always looking forward to tomorrow?  A new day of grace.  God knows our plan and we can look forward always, If we put all trust in Him, He will take care of tomorrow.

Enjoy your crisp, fall days...mmmm..waiting for the apple pie to get out of the oven.
Oooh and update from my last blog...my table is done. So you can come have some apple pie at my table.


1 comment: