Well, I will have to say---5 PM was wonderful today! Derek put the tater tot casserole in the oven for me. Supper was ready when I got home from work! What a good feeling! Now I am normally not a fan of casseroles, let alone tater tots! But that is what my boys like....and really, it was actually pretty good! I was surprised!
Here is the recipe:
1 1/2 lbs hamburger
1 c onion
1 c. mixed vegetables (I used corn due to fussy eaters!)
10 oz tomato soup ( I used tomato sauce)
1/2 chili sauce or salsa (I used salsa)
Combine these in a large bowl.
Layer 1 bag to tater tots over the top.
Sprinkle 2 cups of cheddar cheese on top. (I used Tillamook Sharp Cheddar--excellent choice)
Bake 350 for 1 1/4 hours, uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
Surprisingly enough, it reminded me a little bit of lasagna!
So now that I had time to have supper done zippity do dah...I even had time to make a loaf of gluten free bread for Lauri. Yep, one loaf, one evening. Easy! Ha, ha, next question, will he eat it?
And I had time to go through my dad's old slides. It is so much fun, but oh the stories behind the pictures...I wish they could talk!
I found this one of my grandma Helen and I....I just love this!
I was seven when she passed away, but I have so many memories of this dear grandma. She was such a good baker, loved to laugh and loved to sing!
I had never seen this one before. Looks like Aunt Maxine holding me. Aaaack a bikini!
This must of been at Christmas. I do remember that green tractor!
Wonder what kind of event was at my parent's house? Jeanette is the little girl in the picture. My grandma in the pink dress. Grandpa's sister Ellen behind Jeanette.
I could keep posting..but time for bed! Caught up in memories tonight......
Fun pictures!
ReplyDelete