Tuesday, November 12, 2013

On the way home!

Goodness, doesn't seem like I can even get this trip finished.  Leaving the prairies soon and into Alberta.
Remember majority of these pictures are taken from the car..no time to stop!  :)  And if you want to see them bigger, just click on the picture.
 We are thinking these might be potatoes?  There were huge piles of them all over.
I do know that Taber is home to Roger's Sugar Factory as well, but I don't think it is sugar beets.
I could be wrong. And my driver just kept going..no time to investigate.


 See the light pole in the picture  below?


 Where does the road lead you to?

 First sight of the mountains....yes we are going west!

 Just 00oh and aaah around every bend....
 and over every hill...just can't get enough!






 A good ol' country elevator...
 And into Crows Nest Pass...


This is always amazing to look at when going by.  It is called Frank's Slide. It happened in 1903, a part of Turtle Mountain came down burying many people in the small mining town of Frank.
We stopped at the Interpretive Center--all the years we have traveled through there, we are always in a hurry.  Now we took the time to stop! So interesting...
Look at this view that I found online.
File:Frank Slide from NW flank of Turtle Mountain.JPG
When you drive through there, it is hard to imagine. The rocks are so huge! and so many!  (Pic found on wikipidea)






 My new dump truck....
 BC is so beautiful...




 And yup..back in Washington.....















And home at last! 

No comments:

Post a Comment